|New Online UltramixT Color Formulation Tool
International Coatings now has a web-based color formulation tool which will quickly provides simulated PANTONE® color formula values for several of our Ultramix™ color mixing ink series:
- Ultramix™ 7400 Color System
- Ultramix™ 9000
Like the already available CD version, the online color formula guide is easy to use. In addition, printers can use the site to calculate ink usage, project pricing, and create and store custom formulas in an online library. All these functions are entirely web based. There is no need to download any software and printers can access this tool from anywhere in the world.
Here’s how it works: Click here to go to the Ultramix™ Color Formulation Tool site
- From the “Choose Your Series” window, choose the inkline you are using. (Ultramix™ 7400, 9000 series)
- Next, choose the function that you would like to use:
- Color Formulations
- Enter Your Prices *
- Your Custom Formulas*
* Please note that these functions require for you to log in to a secure section which allows you to save and keep an online library of your custom work.
- For the COLOR FORMULATIONS function:
- Choose the PMS value in the “Color Selection” window. The Color Formulation Tool will automatically display the formula needed for this PMS value.
- You can also choose various pre-selected or input a custom “Batch Size” in order for the tool to calculate the percent weight and grams needed of each ingredient needed.
- Once you have chosen your batch size, click on the “Mixing Report” button to generate a printable sheet with your specific formula for ingredients, weight, and costs.
- Another cool feature is the “Mixing Label” button which generates a printable label for easy identification and reference of the mixed product.
- For the ENTER YOUR PRICES and YOUR CUSTOM FORMULAS functions:
- This function requires a log in. To create a new customer login ID, please click on the “Login” button on the top right hand corner of the home page.
- If you are a first-time user, please click on the “Create an Account” button of the Login page. Then simply enter your e-mail address and a password (must be at least 6 characters long).
- An automatic confirmation e-mail will be sent to you with a verification link. Once you click on the link to confirm your sign up, you will receive a second e-mail confirming your activation.
- Now you are ready to log in.
- Click on the “Enter your prices” button to enter your costs of the various ink colors. Saving your pricing will allow the tool to calculate a more accurate value of your costs.
- The “Custom Colors” tab allows you to store your own custom color formulas and create a library for future reference.
- Name your custom color
- Choose the “ingredient” ink color from the drop-down menu
- Add the amount needed of that ingredient for your custom formulation. Use the “+” button to add ingredients, the “-“ one to delete.
- Continue to add all the ingredients needed until your formula is complete.
- If you have further questions, you can click on the “Help” link or contact us directly.